PRIVACY NOTICE AND NOTICE OF INFORMATION PRACTICES
Thomas & Brown, LLC, (T&B) together with its title insurance underwriters, Old Republic National Title Insurance Company and Chicago National Title Insurance Company, respect you and your right to privacy. We want you to know about our policies and procedures for protecting the privacy of your nonpublic personal information that we receive, and your rights regarding such information. The policies stated herein include the individual policies of each company and are neither jointly instituted nor maintained.
- What Kind of Information We Collect About You?
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information provided by you directly to us, such as your address, social security number, income, expenses, assets and liabilities; and
- Information that we receive from nonaffiliated third parties, such as your lender, accountant, financial advisors.
- What We Do With Information We Collect About You?
- We may disclose information about you to our affiliates and use that information for purposes related to our providing services to you. Generally, we will not disclose the nonpublic information about you in our records to any organization not affiliated with T&B without your prior authorization. However, as required or permitted by law, we may disclose your information in our records to certain nonaffiliated third parties. For example, the Internal Revenue Code, as well as certain rules and regulations promulgated thereunder, require us to disclose to the Internal Revenue Service, payments that are made to you in certain types of real estate transactions in which we perform services and, subject to our ethical obligations to preserve our client’s confidences under state bar rules and to rules applicable to the discovery of attorney-client privileged communications and attorney work product, we may be required to disclose certain information about you in response to a subpoena or other discovery request made in a litigation matter.
- Who Has Access To Your Information In Our Records